Join the most influential Forest Products research and consulting firm in the world. This sales position covers a global buyer territory. You will meet sales targets, maintain strong relationships, drive client satisfaction, and by focusing on selling RISI’s strategic services to new and existing customer. You will be rewarded for client retention and enrichment sales. Roughly 20% to 30% your time will be spent on travel within your assigned territory.
- Work by phone and e-mail and will split their time between proactive selling and post sales support.
- 30-50 calls per day
- 10-20 Demos or POC's per week
- Manage all aspects of account renewals and generate incremental revenues from existing client base
- Develop and maintain quality relationships with existing and new customers; utilize analytical skills to understand customers changing business and technology issues and needs.
- Communicate professionally internally and support initiatives driving by business heads and VP of Sales
- Work strategically to develop and execute account plans that position RISI as a strategic resource.
- At least 5 years of proven sales success as an account management or similar role
- Proven experience managing client relationships, achieving revenue goals, and managing personal sales strategies.
- Effective organization and time management skills.
- Excellent communications skills on the phone and over email.
- A results-oriented team player.
- Somebody that is excited to learn and curious about the Pulp and Paper industry and our clients.
- A bachelor's degree or equivalent.
- Market Research sales or experience selling a recurring contract [SAAS] is a plus.
- SalesForce or similar CRM system experience
- Experience with the most qualified and objective team of economists and analysts in the industry.
- Access to research, news, media and economic analysis that is world-class and influences business leaders across the globe on a daily basis.
- A truly global culture, with offices in Europe, North America, South America, and Asia.
- A competitive salary
- A fun, team-orientated environment
- Tuition assistance
- Casual dress work environment
- Generous vacation and personal time off
- Cool perks such as &Chillin and Grillin& Fridays all summer long; Exposure to industry leading conferences and field trips, Casual dress work environment, great work/life balance.
- Excellent benefits that include
- Health, dental and vision insurances
- Company-paid life insurance
- 401K with company match
- Company-paid short and long term disability
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- An Employee Assistance Program
- Tuition reimbursement
Please submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.. Due to the expected high volume of resumes received for this position, only candidates of interest will be contacted. No phone calls, please. Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States for any employer. We appreciate the time you spent in contacting us, and thank you for your interest. RISI, Inc. is an EOE.
RISI is the leading information provider for the global forest products industry. Our clients -- 95% of the world's leading forest products companies, as well as industry suppliers, financial institutions and consumer products companies -- use our market data, forecasts and analysis to make better decisions that enable their organizations to grow.
With offices in Boston, Brussels, Atlanta, San Francisco, Beijing, Shanghai, Singapore and São Paulo, we have a truly international focus. We're small enough that you can see the impact of your work, but big enough to have a wealth of seasoned professionals to learn from – many of whom are recognized as leading authorities in their fields.
We're a great mix of stability and dynamism. Our oldest product has been published for more than 100 years. On the other hand, one of our keys to success is that we use information technology aggressively to fundamentally improve the value of our information to our customers. We're in growth mode. Thirty percent of our sales come from outside North America, and we're looking for that percentage to grow. We are looking for talented, dedicated people who can help us continue to build on our long-term success while remaining entrepreneurial and responsive to our customers.