Tanya Luthi is a structural engineer and Vice President at Entuitive, an international consulting engineering practice operating in seven offices across Canada, the UK, and the United States. After obtaining her master’s degree from The University of Texas, Tanya started her engineering career in New York City specializing in large-scale institutional projects in steel and concrete. After moving to Vancouver, Canada in 2011, she discovered a love for mass timber design and has since made it a focus in her career. In addition to her design experience, Tanya co-authored the US and Canadian Nail-Laminated Timber Design and Construction Guides, and she gives regular talks on timber design at architectural and engineering conferences across North America. She is a member of the Board of Directors of WoodWorks and is also an active member of the New York City structural code committee, where she advises on matters related to mass timber construction.
Panel Discussion: Advancing the next generation of mass timber in North America
Monday, 5 October, 2020 - 12:00
- Trends in the mass timber market
- Keeping control of costs for mass timber projects
- Speed of construction and impact on project timelines
- Solutions for common challenges from manufacturing to delivering the final project
- What does the future of mass timber look like and how ready for it are we?