Thomas Robinson is the Founder of LEVER Architecture, a design practice based in Portland, Oregon. His firm is widely recognized for material innovation and for pioneering work with Cross-Laminated Timber (CLT). Thomas’ projects encompass first-of-their-kind timber buildings for clients such as The Nature Conservancy and Adidas, and include more than
$1M in research to develop and test wood building assemblies.
He has lectured on mass timber throughout the US, Europe, and South America; and in 2018 served as the USDA Wood Innovation Grant Visiting Professor at the University of Arkansas. LEVER was recently recognized by Fast Company as one of the world’s most innovative companies, and in 2017, was named to Architectural Record’s Design Vanguard and to the Architectural League of New York’s Emerging Voices.
Panel Discussion: Advancing the next generation of mass timber in North America
Monday, 5 October, 2020 - 12:00
- Trends in the mass timber market
- Keeping control of costs for mass timber projects
- Speed of construction and impact on project timelines
- Solutions for common challenges from manufacturing to delivering the final project
- What does the future of mass timber look like and how ready for it are we?