Environmental Leadership Award
The pulp and paper industry has come leaps and bounds on the environmental front over recent years, and is finally getting noticed by the end user as being an industry that cares for the planet. This is mainly due to the fact that a huge amount of effort has been put in by individual mills worldwide. The Environmental Leadership award is a hugely a competitive award, and the winner will be a mill that has shown groundbreaking commitment to the care of the environment, as well as letting the world know just how far it has gone. The winning company will have gone the extra mile and above the call of duty to devise a mill-wide strategy that clearly demonstrates all the important areas of action and enhancement it has made at its facilities to address environmental issues.
What the judges are looking for?
- Evidence of the overall use of certified raw materials (i.e., FSC/PEFC).
- Evidence of reduced emissions into the air.
- Evidence of reduced emissions into water.
- Evidence of reduced energy consumption
- Evidence of the environmental credentials of the company's finished products.
- Evidence of environmental improvements in other areas.
Information that will help the judges to decide
- List environmental investments made over the last three years.
- Give a brief description of which changes/investments you think are the most important.
- List any measurements or figures you have to back up the improvements that have been made.
- Tell us what difference this has made to relationships with customers.