Sappi Fine Paper Europe
Sappi, the world’s leading producer of coated fine paper, appointed Berry Wiersum (60, British) Chief Executive Officer of Sappi Europe S.A. on 15 January 2007.
Mr. Wiersum started his career at ICI Fibres, became President of Amoco Fabrics (Europe), then the President of Amoco Chemicals (Europe), and when Amoco was taken over by BP, he moved to BP to assist with the integration of the two groups in Europe. He subsequently left BP and joined Pechiney S.A. in France and ran the CEBAL packaging division until he was recruited as Managing Director of the Packaging division of Kappa Packaging BV (The Netherlands) and member of the Management Board responsible for paper manufacture and packaging in the Kappa group. He holds a Master of Arts degree with Combined Honours in Mediaeval and Modern History and subsidiaries in French and Music from the University of St. Andrews in the UK.
Berry Wiersum was Vice-Chairman Coated Cepifine in 2009 and 2010
Berry Wiersum was Chairmen of Cepi in 2010 and 2011.
He is currently Chairman of the Board of Directors of Euro-Graph (European Association of Graphic Paper Producers)
Berry is married with four children.
European CEO panel discussion
Tuesday, 10 March, 2020
- Examining challenges and opportunities for containerboard producers in 2020
- The impact of external factors and market disruptors on demand and supply for containerboard and corrugated packaging
- Strategic changes within the industry
- How are CEOs handling supply and demand dynamics?
- Examining trade flows, capacity additions and changing consumer demands
- Opportunities for consolidation and acquisitions