President Voith Paper Projects EMEA
Dr. Christoph Mueller-Mederer graduated from the Technical University Darmstadt (Germany) as a Diplom Ingenieur with focus on pulp and paper engineering in 1997. In 2002 he received his doctorate in mechanical engineering. At the University of Hagen (Germany) he completed a post-graduate study and earned the master degree of industrial engineering in 2009.
In 2002, joining the Voith Group in Heidenheim (Germany) for the first time, he started his career as an International Trainee and soon became a Sales Engineer for Graphic Paper Machines in 2003.
One year later Dr. Mueller-Mederer first was appointed to Head of Sales for Paper Machines in Eastern Europe, Russia and CIS countries and then in 2007 he moved to Russia to take the responsibility as Managing Director at Voith Paper Russia & CIS in St. Petersburg.
In 2011, after 8 years in the international paper industry, he decided to join a hidden champion specialized in forming machine tools for wire and tube processing, Wafios AG in Reutlingen (Germany), as Chief Sales Officer, and also became a Member of the Executive Board. Between 2012 and 2018 he additionally took the position of Chief Finance Officer.
Returning to Voith Group in Heidenheim in 2018, Dr. Mueller-Mederer currently holds the position of President of the Business Line Projects EMEA at Voith Paper.
Panel Discussion: Packaging for the Environment and Sustainability: The Backlash of Plastic
Monday, 11 March, 2019
- How the paper industry can support end customers to move from plastic (solution considering food safety / environment / price competitiveness)?
- The other big topic at the moment is the anti-plastic mania. An interesting opportunity for paper packaging, but partly a challenge as well.
- With plastic “ban” live in several countries, a lot of companies are moving from plastic to fiber based solution?
- Have we hit the peak of the e-commerce impact?
- How the market can guarantee the proper availability of fibers?
- How the market can guarantee the sustainable origin of the fibers?
- How the paper producer can guarantee the recyclability and food safety of fiber based packaging solutions?