Arab Federation for Paper, Printing and Packaging Industries (AFPPPI)
A Lebanese industrialist. He obtained an MS in Economics from Texas A&M University, an MA from Georgetown University in USA, and a “Doctorat” en Sciences de Gestion from Université Paris 1 Sorbonne – France.
Dr. Gemayel is presently Co-Owner & Honorary Chairman at “Gemayel Freres S.A.L.” A family owned corrugated cardboard & packaging company, established in 1929.
He is Co-Owner & Chairman General Manager of two sister companies “ Société Libanaise de Carton” (SOLICAR) S.A.L. which is Lebanon’s major Paper Recycling Mill; and “ Blue Pack SAL” specialized in labels.
He is Co-Owner & Chairman of GEMDOUBS and NORPAPER, prime paper mills companies in Besançon, Nantes, and Avot Vallée - France
His occupations in professional bodies are:
- President of the Association of the Lebanese Industrialists (ALI)
The highest industrialist instance in the private sector in Lebanon
- President of “The Arab Federation for Paper, Packaging and Printing Industries” (AFPPPI) for three tenures, from 2002 to 2006 and from 2014 till present. This organization comprises15 Arab countries.
- President of “the Syndicate of the Owners of Paper & Packaging Industries in Lebanon” (SOPIL).
- Member of ILO Governing Body for Asia & Pacific - for the period 2017-2020. The Governing Body is the Executive Body of the International Labor Organization
- Member of the Technical Association of Paper & Pulp International (TAPPI) USA and Canada
- Corresponding Member of the European Federation of Corrugated Cardboard Manufacturers (FEFCO).
Some of his past keystone activities:
- Former President & founder of LibanPack: the pioneering center for packaging development and for boosting up export of Lebanese Products. (Launched in April 2009)
- He has been Senior Advisor to the Minister of Industry, Republic of Lebanon
- Former Lecturer at Université Saint-Joseph in Strategic Management & in the MBAIP joint program with Paris IX Dauphine and Paris 1 Sorbonne. He is also member of the USJ Advisory Board of the Faculty of Management.
Panel Discussion: Understanding the MENA Paper Packaging Market and Opportunities
Wednesday, 13 March, 2019
- Outlining the current paper packaging market conditions in the MENA region: Consumption, Capacity and Trade
- Mapping the emerging opportunities driven by the changing macroeconomic environment
- Gauging the appetite for future pulp, paper and recycled fiber imports
- Supply chain: Insight into the realities of transporting materials to the region
- The trading landscape: The prevalence of contract vs spot sales in the region