Global Cartonboard Expert
After his study of repro- and printing technology, Martin Luh worked in the folding carton industry before joining Nestlé in 1996. He advanced to the role of Global Packaging Base Material Expert for fibre-based materials and is managing the Nestlé cartonboard sourcing strategy. His key objectives are the development of innovation partnerships with the paperboard industry, specification performance management, market intelligence, novel technology scouting and education programmes for employees. Martin is lecturer for Procurement and Supply Chain Management at the University of Applied Sciences in Vienna.
Panel Discussion: Packaging for the Environment and Sustainability: The Backlash of Plastic
Monday, 11 March, 2019
- How the paper industry can support end customers to move from plastic (solution considering food safety / environment / price competitiveness)?
- The other big topic at the moment is the anti-plastic mania. An interesting opportunity for paper packaging, but partly a challenge as well.
- With plastic “ban” live in several countries, a lot of companies are moving from plastic to fiber based solution?
- Have we hit the peak of the e-commerce impact?
- How the market can guarantee the proper availability of fibers?
- How the market can guarantee the sustainable origin of the fibers?
- How the paper producer can guarantee the recyclability and food safety of fiber based packaging solutions?