Vice President, Fiber
David Fortin has been with Fastmarkets RISI since 2005. He spent his first seven years as a member of the Fiber Economic Analysis team and was responsible for specialty pulp coverage and assisted with the World Pulp Monthly, the five and fifteen year World Pulp and Recovered Paper Forecast and Dissolving Pulp Monitor. During his time on the Fiber team he was the author of the World Fluff Pulp Study and multiple single-client and mill risk studies. He joined the Wood Products Economic Analysis team in 2013 where he expanded the monthly structural panel model to cover the entire North American market and created the Dashboard that has been rolled out to all wood products commentaries. As part of the Wood Products team he completed a study on OSB Capacity Expansion and the Development of US Pellet Exports – Impacts on Woodfiber Supply and was the author of Fastmarkets RISI’s monthly Lumber Commentary and five and fifteen year North American Lumber Forecast as well as co-author of the five and fifteen year Engineered Wood Products Forecast. He rejoined the Fiber team in 2018 and is the author of the World Pulp Monthly and five and fifteen year forecast.
David has a master's degree in international economics and finance from the International Business School at Brandeis University and has a bachelor's degree in economics from the University of Massachusetts Amherst.
Global pulp & fiber outlook
Tuesday, 13 August, 2019
- A review of the current market dynamics
- An outline of the outlook for global market pulp
- How can you hedge against the uncertainty and volatility in the market at the moment?
OCC & recovered paper outlook
Wednesday, 14 August, 2019
- With kraftliner prices dropping for the first time in the last 12 months, is there an outlook for recovery or continued downward trend?
- Exploring the impacts of recovered paper costs in the chain
- Taking a global look at the impact of China’s import ban and subsequent opportunities