Bank of America Merrill Lynch
George Staphos is a managing director and co-sector head in Equity Research at BofA Merrill Lynch, based in New York. From 2009 to present, he has also been a member of the department's US1 committee. Regular research publications include the Packaging & Paper Wrap-Up and BofA Merrill Lynch Corrugated Surveys. Staphos has been voted a member of the Institutional Investor All-America Research Team for 25 consecutive years by portfolio managers and buy-side analysts who invest in packaging and paper stocks, including 18 No. 1 rankings in the past 19 years. He has been voted No.1 in Greenwich as well. He was also inducted into the Institutional Investor Hall of Fame. Staphos has been with the firm since 2003, and previously worked in analyst and management positions at Citigroup/Salomon Smith Barney and PaineWebber. Staphos has a BS in management and marketing from New York University and an MBA in finance from Columbia Business School.
CEO Panel – Trade and Trump tweets, tomorrow’s biggest industry issues, economic uncertainty, M&A, plastics
Tuesday, 29 October, 2019 - 08:00
- Assessing the extent that fiber is driving M&A within the industry
- Macro and micro deal drivers behind the market movements
- A frank assessment of industry performance
- The likely prevalence of future private equity backing
- Opportunities presented by the war on plastic – Are we ready for the challenge?