John D. Williams has been President and Chief Executive Officer of Domtar since January 2009. He is also a member of the Board of Directors. Mr. Williams has more than 40 years of experience in both consumer products and packaging. He began his career in consumer product sales in 1976, gaining insight into key market dynamics in the U.K. and the U.S.
Mr. Williams is Lead Independent Director of the Board of Directors of Owens Corning (NYSE: OC); a Director of Form Technologies, Inc., a privately-held leading global group of precision component manufacturers based in Charlotte, North Carolina; the Chair of the advisory board of the Stern Center for Sustainable Business at New York University. He also a board member for nonprofit Camp Blue Skies Foundation, which is dedicated to enhancing the lives of adults with intellectual disabilities, and he is Chairman of Trustees for the Palisades Episcopal School, a private school in Mecklenburg county.
CEO Panel – Trade and Trump tweets, tomorrow’s biggest industry issues, economic uncertainty, M&A, plastics
Tuesday, 29 October, 2019 - 08:00
- Assessing the extent that fiber is driving M&A within the industry
- Macro and micro deal drivers behind the market movements
- A frank assessment of industry performance
- The likely prevalence of future private equity backing
- Opportunities presented by the war on plastic – Are we ready for the challenge?