Managing Director, Iberia
Joseph has over 25 years of professional experience in the maritime and logistics industries. As of 2017, he is the Managing Director of Area Iberia in Hapag-Lloyd, with responsibility for the business in Spain and Portugal.
Earlier in his career, Joseph worked for over 10 years in strategy consulting, where most of his project work supported transportation and logistics companies around the world. Prior to that, Joseph also worked for nearly 10 years as a commissioned officer in the United States Coast Guard, where amongst other roles he served as Commanding Officer of a patrol boat.
Joseph earned an MBA Degree from the Harvard Business School, as well as a Bachelor of Science Degree with High Honors from the United States Coast Guard Academy. He currently lives in Barcelona with his wife and their two children.
Managing Aging Fleets: Are Existing Carriers Opening Themselves up to Competition
Tuesday, 17 September, 2019
- Exploring the future building programmes for major traditional carriers
- Whether vessel capacity increases will come from outside of Asia
- How carriers are positioned to capitalised on the 2021/22 pulp production boom
- Coping with increase transportation distances of pulp
- Will freight rates enable carriers to engage in building programmes?
- Assessing the opportunity to seize market share
- The proposition for new carriers in the field such as Cosco
- Is this an open invitation to container carriers to strengthen their position?