Born and raised in Lyon- France and living in Brazil for more than 20 years, Laurent joined MSC Brazil in 1999 and directs the commercial area since 2007.
His career within Logistics and Maritime Industry first started in France after his graduation and military service, at Rhône-Merieux Pharma where he worked on the Export Department to West Africa followed by South America.
Graduated in Economy & International Trade in Lyon, Laurent currently manages the sales structure and performance for Import and Export lanes plus MEDLOG. He is currently responsible for developing new business in all areas and commodities, from auto parts to agro business and current customer’s follow-up. Currently, he is assisted by 13 commercial agencies in Brazil.
Managing Aging Fleets: Are Existing Carriers Opening Themselves up to Competition
Tuesday, 17 September, 2019
- Exploring the future building programmes for major traditional carriers
- Whether vessel capacity increases will come from outside of Asia
- How carriers are positioned to capitalised on the 2021/22 pulp production boom
- Coping with increase transportation distances of pulp
- Will freight rates enable carriers to engage in building programmes?
- Assessing the opportunity to seize market share
- The proposition for new carriers in the field such as Cosco
- Is this an open invitation to container carriers to strengthen their position?