Head of Chartering, South America
Roberto Gayoso is currently the Head of Chartering of Cosco Shipping South America, since January 2018. He holds a Bachelor Degree in Economics from the Federal University of Rio de Janeiro. Previously, Roberto was the VP & General Manager at Grieg Star Shipping Rio for more than 8 years and Commercial Director at Star Shipping Rio for another 10 years
Roberto has also lived in Bergen, Norway between 2003/2004 working at Star Shipping HQ as Chartering of T/C vessels within Atlantic region. Roberto has vast experience of forestry and other general cargoes within South America countries.
Managing Aging Fleets: Are Existing Carriers Opening Themselves up to Competition
Tuesday, 17 September, 2019
- Exploring the future building programmes for major traditional carriers
- Whether vessel capacity increases will come from outside of Asia
- How carriers are positioned to capitalised on the 2021/22 pulp production boom
- Coping with increase transportation distances of pulp
- Will freight rates enable carriers to engage in building programmes?
- Assessing the opportunity to seize market share
- The proposition for new carriers in the field such as Cosco
- Is this an open invitation to container carriers to strengthen their position?