After training as an accountant, Tom joined Hawkins Wright in 1998. He undertakes most of the private client consultancy assignments on a wide range of topics related to the pulp and paper sector. He authors or edits most of the company’s multi-client titles which enjoy industry-wide recognition. He has established two focal events in the industry calendar, held in London and Shanghai. Both regularly attract over 300 delegates from around the world. Tom travels widely, both in the course of market research and also as a frequent speaker to private meetings and industry conferences.
How China is Shaping the Global Pulp Demand
Tuesday, 17 September, 2019
- Exploring the impact of the RCP import ban into China
- How India, Indonesia and Taiwan are reacting
- Are container and breakbulk carriers positioned to respond to shifting trade flows?
- Assessing whether this will lead to high pulp prices and increased transportation costs
- Understanding the potential for the Chinese pulp market continuing to mature
- Where are the likely next high growth markets for virgin fibers?